For purposes of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the “GDPR”) the data controller is ASTRO-GPS, with an office at 4325 Berryman Ave, Los Angeles, CA USA. Please see Section 12 below for additional disclosures applicable only to users based in the European Union (the “EU”).
When you use or access any of our Platforms, we may collect a variety of information about you and others, as described below. Such information includes, but is not limited to, information about you which is in a form that permits us to identify you (your “personal data”).
Our primary purpose in collecting information about you in connection with your use of our Platforms is to provide you or connect you with products, services, information, and users that match your interests and preferences. However, we may use such information collected about you for a variety of commercial purposes. Without limitation, we may use such information to:
Also, we may combine information about you that we collect in connection with your use of our Platforms with other records (such as those obtained from third parties) to develop a customer profile relating to you.
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which such personal data is processed. We will destroy our copies of the recorded session after 7 days of digitally delivering the audio. Horoscopes will be also be de-identified in the same time-frame, unless you have created an account, or are a repeat client, or explicitly specify otherwise. Please note, however, that we may retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove such information from our databases, which means that we may retain and use your personal data as necessary after you stop using our Platforms. Subject to the foregoing, we will endeavor to delete your personal data promptly upon your written request.
We may share or disclose information about you to third parties in the following situations:
3. Third-Party Operators of Integrated Technologies: As noted above, information about you collected via third-party ads, offerings, and other technologies integrated with any of our Platforms will be collected directly by (and thus disclosed to) the third parties providing or operating such ads, offerings, or other technologies. Any such information may be used and further disclosed subject only to any applicable privacy policies of such third parties.
5. Co-Branded Service Providers: We may enter into agreements with certain third-party businesses pursuant to which we provide such third party with a URL and a customer registration page co-branded with, or private labeled by, the third party, which distributes and promotes the URL to its customers. If you register on a website with a third party with which we have such a co-branded arrangement, we may provide information we have collected about you through our Platforms to such third party.
6. General Public: We may share with the general public via our Platforms, or re-publish on a third-party website, any information that you post as a user of one of our Platforms, such as information in a listing, online review, comment, forum, or blog posting on any of our Platforms. This may include information that identifies you (by username or otherwise).
8. Our Advisors: We may also share information collected about you with our auditors, legal advisors, and similar third parties in connection with our receiving their professional services, subject to standard confidentiality obligations.
9. Law Enforcement: We may disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances when legally obligated to do so, such as in connection with suspected illegal activity in connection with the Platforms, or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process, or that we believe may aid a law enforcement investigation. We reserve the right to release information collected through the Platforms to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
10. Legal Processes: We may share all types of information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing all types of information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
11. Other Third Parties: We may share information with other third parties that are not described above. When we do so we will endeavor to either aggregate or de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer, or your device. Aggregation means that we combine the information of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we remove or change certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
We may also share any information with other third parties that are not described above if you give us consent to do so.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it won’t affect the user’s experience.
We have implemented and follow reasonable industry standard technical and procedural measures (including encryption of certain information) intended to protect against unauthorized access and use of information collected in connection the use of our Platforms. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT FULLY ELIMINATE THESE RISKS AS, DESPITE OUR BEST INTENTIONS, NO TECHNOLOGY IS COMPLETELY SECURE. OUR PLATFORMS ARE OPERATED ON SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND NETWORKS, ANY COMPONENT OF WHICH MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, EXPERIENCE BREACHES OF SECURITY OR OTHER ISSUES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Accordingly we cannot guarantee that any information collected about you, whether during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others who do not have your authorization. Any such transmission or sharing of that information is done at your own risk.
You also play a role in protecting your personal information. Please do not share your personally identifiable information with others.
At this time, our websites do not support “Do Not Track” preferences that may be available in your browser for letting websites know that you do not want them collecting certain kinds of information. If you turn on the “Do Not Track” setting on your browser, our websites are not currently capable of following whatever Do Not Track preferences you set. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
No. We do not disclose your personal data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Although some of our Platforms are restricted to individuals age 18 and above, others are accessible to children under the age of 18. However, none of our Platforms are designed or intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act): When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF OUR PLATFORMS AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
If you learn that your child under 13 has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We will delete that data from our systems.
CAN SPAM Act: The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for:
We collect your email address in order to:
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
2. Stopping Certain Communications From Us:
Fair Information Practices: The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 1 business day.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
2. Rights Under the GDPR: If you are based in the EU, in certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data that we hold about you specifically:
3. Restrictions on Use of Your Personal Data to Promote Third-Party Products and Services: If you are based in the EU, we will only send you direct marketing communications related to third party products and services, if you have given your consent to receiving such marketing. We will generally ask for your consent to receive such marketing when you first provide your personal data.
You can choose to stop receiving any direct marketing communications from us at any time simply by following the “Unsubscribe” or “Manage Email Preferences” link at the bottom of any promotional email. Please note that you may not opt out of receiving non-promotional emails regarding your account or your transactions with us.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: (424) 543-4409